Installation & Care Instructions
Hylands In-Line Drone Valves have been developed to assist pipers in striking in and cutting off perfectly every time. These valves not only assist in starts and stops but give a steady and concise air flow to the drones for a steadier sound. The valves have been designed to fit precisely into the clear tubing used in most bagpipe moisture control systems.
Easy Installation Instructions
Firstly, it is important to note that all other drone valves must be removed before the Hylands In-line Drone Valves are installed, otherwise they will not operate efficiently.
1. Open the pipe bag and disconnect the 3 clear drone tubes.
2. Simply press fit the valve into the end of the tube. If these are your first set of drone valves and you are simply trialing them to see how they perform, then this is the quickest and easiest method of installation. Once you are happy with the valves operation, it is advisable to cut the existing tubes so that when the valves are installed the tubes are reverted to their original length. Users of small pipe bags and some medium pipe bags may have to do this anyway because the extra length of tube is too long to suit the bag size.
3. Reconnect the tubes and play to determine whether further adjustment is necessary. Each valve is factory set to an average level so further adjustment may be necessary. Follow the easy set up instructions below.
Set Up Instructions
Warning:-Two full turns in either direction will permanently damage the valve.
Each valve has been pre set to an average setting and should only require very minor adjustment to suit the instrument in which they are being installed. The valves have been designed so they adjust easily using the allen key provided. Only use micro adjustments at a time (a sixteenth of one turn) to ensure the valves reach the precise setting suitable for the strength of instrument it is being set up in.
To adjust, simply insert the allen key and turn clockwise to tighten the valve flap or anti clockwise to loosen the valve flap. Test by blowing into the tube after each adjustment. A good method of adjustment is to insert the allen key and whilst blowing through the tube, adjust the valve. This will give a clear indication of the way the drone sounds as you are adjusting it. You will notice that there is a definite point where the drone is sounding at its optimal level. Each valve has a spot where it operates most efficiently to suit the strength of instrument it is being set up in.
Adjust the valve until the suitable setting is found.
Reconnect the tubes and play.
Further adjustments can be made simply and easily at any time until they have been set up perfectly.
Be very careful to NEVER place any unnecessary strain on the valve flap.
1. Gently clean using a thin cloth or soft brush to remove any build up.
2. Rinse under warm running water.
If at any time, you have a question about the Hylands In-Line Drone Valves or need some technical support then please do not hesitate to email us and we will be happy to assist.
Technical Support:- Tech Support
Website Created and Maintained by Moose Products©